template design

10.07.2008

Last night...


...was so much fun! Each of our kids made for something fun to remember:

Ethanwas elated to have earned a "pick what's for dinner" by following the "Morning 5" and "Night-time 5" chart. Way to go, dude! Of course, he picked Wendy's for his fave: chicken patties. Plain. The only thing was that I forgot to order him a plain one, so I handed over another buck and made him go get it himself. It was the first thing he mentioned this morning. Sometimes when I see how excited he gets over things like this it makes me want to be 8 again. The joke Ethan and I made up: What did the chicken say to the leprechaun????? "Chicken patty, Chicken patty, do-do-do-do-do-do-do. Chicken patty, Chicken patty, do-do-do-do-do-do-do!" (Stuart gets jokingly annoyed. Jealous.)

Kianawaited in line with me to order the food. I asked her what she learned at school today. "Syllables!" So we were reading things off the menu and counting-clap the syllables. Choc-o-late. Va-nill-a. Straw-be-rry. When we sat down @ the table and included Stuart in our fun, he had to go one up,"Supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" (I know I goofed on that spelling). Her eyes got all wide,"WOW! That would take all my fingers and toes - that's ALOT!" A few minutes later she said,"Mom remembers when Jesse died. Mom, what day did Jesse die?" I told her he died on Thanksgiving. "Yeah, cuz I was 4 years old when Jesse died, huh?" Love that girl. Napkins were a good thing for me & Brookie right then.

Maiyasure milks bedtime for all its worth. As soon as "amen" is said on prayer she's up and atem for hugs & kisses! I needed a nighttime sweet and went for the last piece of Aunt Bonita's yummy eclair cake I brought home Sunday night. Mmmm! I savored it in bed, happy that Maiya - who didn't want to sleep in her crib - was laying on a thick blanket on the floor with her ba-bee (binkie) and not begging for a bite. Selfish? Nah. Got up to check on Ethan and Kiana's covers. Came back. Stopped. Maiya was wide-eyed and alert, sitting up resting on my pillows, holding the little plastic plate & licking it. "What are you doing, stinker?" That cheesy smile is the cutest thing ever. That tiny tongue trying to get the laaaast bit of frosting...

Aunt B makes the best eclair cake. I'll let Maiya tell you all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment