template design

12.22.2008

Choir Boy

Ethan sang in his very first church choir performance in today's Christmas Program! Wow! A few weeks ago I committed to sing for Christmas, so the family left together to arrive an hour early to church and I took off down the hall. Ethan skipped up next to me, "Mom, can I come with you?" "Sure, but I'm going to choir practice and we're going to sing." "Yeah, I know." He's come each week and sat by me...until these last few weeks when he's wanted to sit with the men behind me. He held his own music folder and got to a point in telling me, "Mom, you can stop pointing. I know where we are." Sheesh! It's been so fun hearing him sing the songs we'd practiced around the house. I think it's helpful there are yummy treats afterwards...but the fact he sings his heart out the entire time is, well, priceless. Today, he stook handsome and proud in the front row with the tenors. When we got home he said,"There were a lot of people there."

In addition to choir on Sunday, he's asked to arrive to school early so he could sing with the principal by the school Christmas tree. "If I get there first, then I get to stand in the front row." What a sweetheart! He's already got plans to sign up for the school spring choir...what a kid!

Today I am grateful for the beautiful, magical sounds of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment