template design

5.14.2009

Mother's Day

Ethan made the comment,"I think they should have a Kids Day -- every day." He was cleaning his room at the time. Wasn't very happy about it.

Woke up at 3:40 a.m. courtesy of Ethan wandering into our room. I feined sleep as I watched him survey any open real estate between me and the edge of the bed. He must have thought a 3" gap could do the trick and shimmied up against my leg pulling the blankets over him. Crazy kid. Pulled him up close and felt Maiya kicking me in the back. Great way to greet Mother's Day. Still wish he'd stay in his bed - he will be turning 9 next month! - but then again, when I'm 80 we'll be bringing this up and laughing our hearts out. We already do.

They made breakfast, the kids sang and the young men handed out Utah Truffles after Sacrament Meeting. They must have figured mom's like me would appreciate extra calories vs. the inevitable killing of another healthy geranium. Stuart barbecued for dinner, had some neighbors over, caught my show. Ethan snuck into our room to catch The Unit,"Dad, it's the season finale."

On Saturday I stood in the kitchen surveying my surroundings at 3:30 in the afternoon: Kiana's POUNDING out Christmas songs on the piano, Ethan and Maiya are competing with the noise by wrestling/giggling on the couch (drowning out my,"Stop it. Someone's going to get hurt," comments), a gazillion cups from neighbor kids, my house in total disarray from being gone all morning. Felt like screaming, and then started laughing. Hilarious. Who gets this? I mean, some people shell out serious dough for cable to see reality shows like this chaos and I get it all for free right here. Welcome Home! Ah, so funny at times.

Today I am grateful for Jingle Bells in May - and all the mom's who get this.

No comments:

Post a Comment