template design

8.02.2009

Kids Weekend

Went to Cousin Alisa's baby blessing for Lincoln. Too cute! While driving out to Stansbury, Ethan asked, "Hey mom! Is that the Great Salt Lake?" Yep. It must have made an impression on him. Later tonight he said,"Dad! Today we got to see the Great Salt Lake! It was so cool!" He brought home some rocks from the parking lot at yesterday's reunion. They've been learning about minerals in class at school. Stuart made a comment on the rocks,"Dad, these aren't rocks. They are MINERALS."

Kiana was ecststic. Giddy. Giggly. Standing in the toy aisle, her money in a Hannah Montana tin, she stood in front of what she's talked about for weeks: a Hannah Montana wig. Hugged it close to her chest after choosing the third box she picked up. She bought it herself, counting out the 52 coins for the cashier. Now all she needs is a name for her double-identity...

Maiya. Doesn't like bedtime. She comes to the stairs, sad face,"Mom I have to tell you something." Earlier today I had sat at the piano and she shows up to sit on my lap. Sometimes she's content letting me try to play and her hands are on mine, not today. "Mom, I do it. Mom, I play Twinkle." She hits the ivory with her forefinger; I know what she wants. I play her finger through Twinkle several times -- she sings. She wanted to wear her swimsuit to church.

I thought it had been a quiet night. Even with Maiya's several attempts at making it to the couch. She's here - asleep. The other two? Snuck into our bed. Stuart said we should start charging room charges.

No comments:

Post a Comment