8:04 p.m. Ethan and Kiana have been jabbing at each other for the past 10 minutes. Bedtime's a saving grace. Sad faced Kiana bumping up against the bed, "Moooom, I wanted to do a CROSSWORD puzzle but I can ONLY do a crossword puzzle when I'm HAPPY!" "Well, what can we do so you'll be happy?" "Sometimes when I do a crossword puzzle it makes me happy. Maybe I can work on one until I FEEL happy." "Good idea sweetie." Skipping away must mean life is now peachy.
2 minutes later. "Mom, I know what to get Ethan for his birthday. Shhh! He can't hear. Goosebumps. 'Cuz he LOOOOOVES to read." Ethan's birthday is in June. Wasn't the Stinkeye Queen running full throttle just a few seconds ago?
Maiya's my night-time buddy. Last night I wasn't sure I heard her correctly, but I did when she repeated her earnest question. "Mom, can I be happy?" Wow. "You sure can." Big princess smile. "OK!" Back to her Polly Pockets. She's 2 and already has the answer to one of life's biggest questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment