template design

9.29.2009

Girls Night Out: Miley Cyrus

Tonight finally came. "Mom, the music makes my butt shake."

They said to shake it. I tried to do my part with thousands of other screaming Miley Cyrus fans at the Energy Solutions Arena downtown tonight.

The opening act was her rocker older brother who crooned he was going to sing a love song. The trio of 3-footer's behind me yelled,"But some of us have never been in love before!" Point taken ladies.

"Got a birthday girl here," made her a little embarassed as we breezed through back hallway checks. Hey, I could get used to this! Kiana sat in the Wells Fargo suite all shy in her new hot pink and black outfit. Auntie Melissa topped it off with socks and a headband. She sat on her hands, swung her feet back and forth. She was quiet. Seriously.

"Mom, when is she coming out?"
"How many more minutes?"
"Where IS she?"

After what seemed like an eternity to a 7 year old: the screams. She moved to the edge of her seat on the front row. There SHE is. THE Hannah Montana. THE Miley Cyrus. "Mom, it's really loud!" She shook her head if I tried to get her up.

"Are you having fun?" At the break she smiled. Her happy, excited, wide-eyed, head nodding up and down, this-is-TOTALLY-COOL smile. Shared a mint chocolate Dippin' Dots with someone who wants to be famous when she grows up.

The second set had more to it and the cutest redhead next to me sang her heart out. Entire songs. And I held back those mommy tears when the last song was sung picturing how enthusiastically my three mini-me's belt out The Climb. Kleenex in Suite #53.

One night she may forget. Maybe not.
But I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment