Friday: Had a Kodak Moment today.Got a call just before noon. "Come downstairs." Stuart was home with the kids. They go back on track Monday. Stepped out into the elevator lobby on our floor. "MOMMY!" Maiya runs up to me with a candy and a card - it played Celebration. Pink balloons. Flowers. A homemade poster with pictures of me and each of the kids. "What made you guys think of this?" "We had nothing to do."
These are the Moments I'll remember. For sure.
Sunday: Driving home from a regional conference downtown where President Monson spoke, we got our own mini-Mo-Tab in the back seat singing, "We love a prophet. We love a prophet. Follow the prophet. We love a prophet."
Monday: Stu's at class. I'm finishing chatting with the kids,"You guys can always ask mom and dad anything. Anytime. If you have any questions, you guys just come and ask us."
Kiana scrunches her face up: How do you get to be PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES? Mr. Ethan: You just have to have a lot of money. And then they put your name (he talks with his hands) on the end of this line. They can put your name there two times and that's how you get to be president.
I explain about terms.
Mr. Ethan: Mom, what does the Vice President do?
Me: You know, I'm not exactly sure.
Mr. Ethan: I think he just does a lot of paperwork.
Me: He probably does.
Mr. Ethan: And when you're President, you just get to FLY everywhere and do FUN stuff and just do a LITTLE bit of paperwork.
Me: That sounds exactly right, Eth.
They catch on quick.
No comments:
Post a Comment