The sly smile. "Mom. I dare you to put whip cream on grandma's burger." Does she know her grandma or what? Whip cream makes everything better. One pro in the kids' book about dinner at Grandma Engla's means a pitstop at Wendy's - they do plain chicken patty's for Ethan which is pretty important. Play with cousins, sing her some songs, call it a night.
Yesterday, she turns to me in the silence of the chapel, "Mom, only 5 more years and I'll be a teenager!" I cringe. Do the math. Could it be true? "Actually, 6 more years." Whew. I get one more year! "Awe! 6 years is a looong time!"
Not long enough, sweet cheeks.
Later that night Ethan's minding his own business, scooping up ice cream. Here she comes, singing the jingle, "Every kiss begins with Kay." Repeating. Getting in Ethan's space. "KIANA! You're SO ANNOYING! Stop it!" Chuckle. Chuckle. Chuckle. More like cackling, actually. She's still singing and waving something like a ribbon in his face, twirling around just out of reach, "Every kiss begins with Kay." Poor Ethan.
No comments:
Post a Comment