template design

2.07.2010

Happy Birthday #32, Teaggers

A long time ago, when my brothers and I were working endless summer hours to save money for college, I was in a usual rush to head out. Probably to another job - can't remember - but what I do remember is the sunny late afternoon. Looking up at the trees shading our home. So tired. Like time was passing me by.
Got into my maroon Honda Civic.
Lying on the passenger seat was a framed poem someone had made.
Just for me.
And I knew who left it there.
Just for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Birthday #32, Teaggers
TODAY
Outside my window, a new day I see and only I can determine what kind of day it will be.
It can be busy, and sunny, laughing, and gay or boring, and cold, unhappy, and gray.
My own state of mind is the determining key, for I am only the person, I let myself be.
I can be thoughtful doing all I can to help, or I can be selfish, and think just of myself.
I can enjoy what I do and make it seem fun, or gripe and complain and make it hard on someone.
I can be patient with those who may not understand, or be-little and hurt them as much as I can.
But I have faith in myself, and believe what i say, and personally intend to make the best of each day.
Sometimes a long time ago seems like just yesterday.
Today is a great day.
Thanks, brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment