Our kiddos better never say we don't love them.
At our house today was KIDS DAY.
8:28 am: Arrive early to set up goals. In the brrrrr cold. Maiya-girl and Na-Na Boo decided to cuddle to stay warm on the sidelines with M's Buniform.
9:00 am: Ethan's game. He's in charge of bringing the team mascot, Pinky, our pink soccer ball to practice and to every game. Even his totally awesome coach is in on it. Glasses on = much better defense..."Mom, I could see a lot better." Go figure.
10:00 am: Pull the blanket a few feet in the other direction to the neighboring field and we're at Kiana, er, I mean "The Weapon's" game! 2 dad's were calling her Boomer, but then chuckled and said she probably wouldn't like that name in high school. She almost make another goal from half-field.11:45 am: IKEA. Dropped the mini-me's off to play while we picked up a new bed for Kiana.
HOME: Drop off bed. Grab lunch. Let Maiya nap.
BOWLING: Kiana had a few balls go backwards. Maiya was happy with her pink ball and,"I don't need help!" Ethan was master at moving the ramp for Maiya.
SHOP (1 store): "Mom! You said we were only getting SHOES!" Obviously, I don't get out much. Obviously, I don't bring my kids shopping. For obvious reasons. Obviously, they think clothes, food and other things that "magically appear", magically appear.
PLAY DOH: Who knew it would be so fun?!
Dark outside. Kids ready for bed. Cleaning the kitchen. Kiana stops in front of me, smiles and says,"Mom, today was a reeeeally fun day."
That makes it all worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment