template design

1.15.2013

Gingerbread Man Story

Maiya's Story
The best part of the day is emptying kids' backpacks and seeing what treasures they have worked on for the day. Since I was a little stumped on two words in Maiya's story, I wanted to nonchalantly ask her what they were. I thought she was distracted, playing on the laptop, when I praised her for a wonderful story and pointed to both 'dasrt' and 'rile'. I read the story and plugged those in as she said them during my 'I'm-trying-hard-to-do-this-but-I-need-your-help look...she paused. She looked up at me with this questioning look on her face,"Teachah could wead this and YOU can't?"

Seriously. She had that look like what-planet-are-you-from? Her veteran teacher is a gem and unfortunately (for me at least) not everyone can translate Kindergartian language:

My Gingerbread Man
I was in the kitchen and I love to bake. 
I baked lunch and dinner and dessert. 
I baked a really good one.

I had to leave the office. Kiana was seated at the piano where I burst out in hushed giggles and repeated what just happened. Kiana joined in. I hope this little one keeps writing more great stories!