template design

2.07.2013

Happy Birthday Teaggers

Brothers are awesome. I was blessed to grow up with four of them, so lucky, lucky, lucky me. Whenever it is one of my siblings' birthdays, I look through pictures to find one - the more embarrassing the better - to post on Facebook with a celebratory comment because we are way too many miles apart. That stinks.

This picture seemed to capture Teage.
Teage the Peacemaker. The Optimist. He can talk like there's no tomorrow and eat you out of house and home. He lights up a room. His massive ginormous heart is covered only by ginormous muscles and hundred-watt smile. People are drawn to Teage; he's the type of person you want to know and is hard to forget. He has this gift of spreading cheer like a Contagious Happy Disease and he's the doctor.

Funny thing? I remember this day.
Our family drove to Ocean Shores later in the day. It was overcast (but when isn't it in the Northwest?). Man, us kids had so much fun splashing in the waves, being told over and over not to throw sand. I wish I could bottle the echo of laughter. We didn't even have swimsuits; we just rolled up our pants and splashed right in. Before heading home we dipped our feet into a bucket filled with water and toweled down so our red/silver van wouldn't get dirty. Kids are just so happy to be doing something. 
His smile then is as contagious as it is today.
Sure glad I have this guy to call my brother.
*HAPPY BIRTHDAY Teaggers!* Seems like yesterday us kids were splashing in the waves at Ocean Shores. Sure glad I got to grow up with you. No surprise this little bundle of energy would only grow his big smile, big personality and even bigger heart (& big buff guns) to the amazing person you are today. Virtual homey hugs....LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment: