template design

6.04.2013

Heartbreaker

Some say all good things must come to an end. I've often thought that was kind of a Party-pooper attitude. Why not enjoy the ride? Party-hearty? Enjoy the journey? Endure to the end (although 'enduring doesn't seem that enticing either).

But, it's true. Party-pooper twist or not, 7th grade comes and goes like a pony ride at a birthday party. Poof. Gone.

Tomorrow is E-dawg's last day of 7th grade. There is a school dance to celebrate this joyous occasion at school today and Ethan has been so excited...for the joyous occasion of school ending. Not the dance. This morning he begged to be checked out early during 5th period. I probably would - and could - only his 5th period is when my class is sweating in from lunch recess. We put the teasing on full-speed, peppering him with jokes about deoderant, breath mints and braces  
K: Ooo-oo-ooh, so who's the luckyyyy laaaaaadaaaayyyyy?
Stu: What kind of person doesn't want to dance? (*Boogie shake = proof white men shouldn't dance*)
E: I guess the kind of person who wants to break a lot of girl's hearts!
Yep.

1 comment:

  1. I CAN NOT believe that he is old enough to go to a dance!!!!!!! No way!! :) CAn't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete