template design

12.07.2013

Butt-Bling

Ethan's wardrobe consists of what I buy because he dislikes doing any sort of shopping (aka HomeBoy). However, lately I've had to insist on him coming because of his continual growth and the need to have him try on clothes to ensure they fit. That simple task is still like pulling teeth.

This week, the mission was jeans. I pulled out several like-new jeans from his closet that he'd outgrown...and not worn. The kid needed just one pair of jeans. Just one. I pulled several from the racks and had him try them on. He carried out one pair. He'd done the job. Check!

This morning we went to the Daybreak Community Center to see Santa Claus and enjoy some cookie decorating and hot cider. Mmmmhmmm. Prior to driving over in the freezing cold and falling snow, I told all the kids they HAD to wear jeans and a jacket. "Jeans and a jacket, jeans and a jacket," I repeated, sounding like a parrot on steroids. Lo and behold, Ethan wore his jeans. That itself is cause for cosmic celebration!

And he looked fantastic in them!

Kiana noticed. And, true to Kiana-style, she opened her mouth,"Oh, hey look! Ethan's got bling on his butt! Hehehe. Butt bling!"

I resisted telling her that in the near future she'll likely have girlfriends who talk to her about Ethan's butt bling, and she may not be the one laughing anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment