template design

4.17.2014

The Grandma Who Loved Donuts ~ By Maiya

Life is sometimes hard being 7. Maiya and Kiana both entered a writing contest a few months ago for Chick-Fila. Kiana's won. They both entered another writing contest recently, and again, Kiana's story won.

When she was working on her latest story, she looked a little disgruntled. "Kiana always wins contests. And you always win contests. I never win anything." That's a hard deal to swallow when someone else is judging your work, or, in my case being the lucky caller to win something from the radio station. So, I asked her if she had fun doing her work - she did. I asked her if it made her happy doing it - she did. We chatted about how we have to find our own happiness whether we "win" or not. Only one team can win a soccer game; only one person can win a gold medal, but we can all have fun along the way.

She had a lot of fun writing about her grandma...who looooooooves donuts! Ms. Maiya does too!







No comments:

Post a Comment