template design

7.18.2008

Batman Birthday Boy



Ethan had no clue what he was getting. That's what made it so fun. The presents were wrapped in Sunday comics - that's what he's been liking to read lately - just waiting there on top of a living room table and all morning long,"Mom, can I open my presents? I just can't stop thinking about them!" Ah, the torture. The fake-sad face was too much to bear accompanied with the pained cries, "It's just TOO hard. I just can't help myself. I just keep thinking about them." Stuart and I were trying to get our Saturday morning chores done before the summer heat kicked in and had had fun kidding with him, finally giving in and telling him that he could open them in a few minutes at 10:30 a.m.. So at 10:28 we were reminded by an eager little boy what time it was and we gathered together in the living room. He made fun of me when he opened one gift, "Ha Ha Mom. I found this in your closet when we were playing hide and seek." Yeah, I know ya little sneak. He couldn't wait to open he BIG one,"Batman Legos!" It looks like he caught the gift-giver-wondering-if-that-person-is-excited look from me because the jumping up and shrieking I half-expected wasn't happening. He just stared at it with this inquisitive look while I was wondering if there was something else he might have liked better? Should I instead have picked up the last Mars Mission set, the one he doesn't have? But wouldn't something different be fun? This has LOTS of pieces - he likes lots of pieces (1,075 to be exact). Gosh, I hope he likes it. And then he smiled with his whole face and looked up. We did alright.