template design

9.21.2008

LEGO Day in SLC




An invitation arrived in the mail a few weeks ago promoting LEGO coming to SLC on Saturday, September 13!!! Ethan could hardly wait! After a morning of a sadly unsuccessful lemonade stand he's been wanting to do - with his parakeet, Paco, as the main attraction - we loaded up and headed to the event. We were greeted by a life-size Indiana Jones, surrounded by a display of boxed sets and the kids could enter a drawing by guessing how many bricks it took to make Indy. A few feet over was a similar life-size display with a Star Wars dude. From there we went to another table and were handed a few 4"x4" plates to make a creation - we went into the next room where there were over a dozen tables covered with LEGOS!!! Lots of them. Each had a centerpiece of a LEGO man and Ethan went from table to table looking for specific pieces for his creation. When we were finished everyone placed them in an outline of the United States to create a large mural. Outside they had a racecar station set up; you build a car and race it down a track. Ethan was in heaven. Kiana was actually enjoying herself too, saying,"Mom, you guys should get me some more Legos." Maiya loved being around all the other kids. Most of the people there were LEGO marketers so we talked to them a bit. They pointed out a LEGO Creator so we talked to him as we were leaving. You could see the wheels turning in Ethan's head as the Creator explained his daily tasks at Legoland: he gets to build legos all day long. And when we asked him how they organize the legos, he said that he sits in a large room with shelves full of legos sorted by color and size. I think I know what Ethan will be dreaming of tonight.

Of course, cotton candy and shaved ice helped to keep the kiddos going. I'm glad we went a little later because around 1:00 the face painters and balloon people showed up. Face painting is a Kiana favorite! I just loved being with the kids. We should definitely do this more often.

From there we went to a baby shower for cousin, Issac, and his wife Emily @ Aunt Barb's/Uncle Lemoine's house. Kiana LOVED the over-sized nut cups and I was wishing the cake Ethan devoured was part of the healthy food group - picky eater. By the time I pulled home all the kids were asleep. I told them I was so glad they didn't fight at all today...that didn't last long.




No comments:

Post a Comment