5:15 pm: Kiana has six notepads displayed at each place setting on the table. She's playing school. She also has her script written down with a highlighter,"good morning students..." (I have to figure out a way to print it out). Maiya and I are sitting on the floor and I sign to her for the first time, "IIII - LOOOOVE - YOU!" She laughs and does it back to me,"IIII LAAAAA YOU!" with the YOU! part being really loud. Clap clap clap. Yeah! Good Girl! She's so pleased with herself. Do it to Kiana - she signs to Kiana, who has gotten much more patient and Kiana does it back to her. Lucky.
5:45 pm: I'm getting dinner ready. Kiana and Maiya are outside playing with the neighborhood kids coloring all over our driveway. It looks pretty. I have hearts, a world, and about a dozen hopscotch runs. I caught Maiya hopping up and down on her little, stubby feet imitating the big girls. Love it.
I could hear the 'plink, plink' of Ethan stroking through his legos around in their bin looking for just the right piece. "Ethan, do you want to come down and peel some eggs for dinner?" "Ahhh, no thanks." So much for my thought of multi-tasking getting-dinner-ready-talking-to-my-son time. Oh, well. Surprisingly, he showed up in the kitchen a minute later, "Where's the eggs?" He watched me tap, then roll and start to peel the first egg, then he followed. "Mom, do you know that bird eggs are the smallest and dinosaurs are the biggest?" "Wow, I would think those dinosaur eggs would be the biggest." He made some other comment I didn't quite get, but just responded with, "hmmmm, really." So I thought I would ask him a question just to make him think I really caught his comment,"So why do you think Jesus made the dinosaurs come first?" Duh. "Well, I think Jesus had to make the dinosaurs come before humans on earth or else they would eat all the humans! But then He had the asteroid come so they would die and then we could come to earth. Plus, did you know that there's gonna be another asteroid that comes to the earth in 2036?" That peaked my interest, "Oh, really?" "Yep" "How do you know that?" "That's what they said on Nova." I never thought any of my kids would get a kick out of watching NOVA, but I love it! I'm sure glad the dinosaurs came first.
7:55 pm: We finished a yummy dinner and had a short FHE. Maiya LOVES to lead the music. We were all in the kitchen cleaning up - and trying to get the kids to go upstairs to change into their jammies. I asked Ethan to tell dad about the dinosaurs and the asteroid. "Well, Nova said MAYBE there was going to be an asteroid." He also recanted bird eggs being the smallest. Stuart asked Ethan what he would do if there were dinosaurs on the earth. The sillies came out, "I would say come on over here Veloceraptor. Then I'd get my bling bling on and he'd be all,"What?!?!" and tell his friends hey, there's a dude dancing over here, come check it out." What? Bling Bling? We were rolling, which only prompted him to keep going. "The veloceraptor would start chasing me and I'd get my radio out and do my hip hop dancing and he'd be all, "Who's this guy with his bling bling dancing over here?" His additional dancing moves and antics combined with his giggles...ah, oh, heeee, my tummy hurts from laughing so hard.
Aside from the antics themselves tonite, the best time spent was writing this all down. Not only so I won't forget, but so I can relive these funny moments over and over again...and family far away can share in the fun! xo
We miss you guys. We don't get to see you but at least we can follow you through your blog.
ReplyDeleteMuch love from Chicago,
The Tupeas