template design

12.04.2008

My Happy Thoughts

Ethan was 'the new kid' at Falcon Ridge Elementary School today. When I picked him up the first thing he told me after we said good bye to his teacher was, "Mom, no more gel." What? "You know why!" "Is it because you are so handsome?" Pretty sure the playful hit meant I was right. He's such a character. I'll admit I'm biased in saying if I was in 3rd grade I'd have a crush on him.

7:25 pm "MOM! Kiana peed in the tub!" I asked Stuart if he heard. He nodded his head. Kiana deals better with him when it comes to discipline but I was so grateful he was cleaning up after dinner so upstairs I went to investigate. Ethan and Maiya were standing on a rug wrapped in towels (Kiana was supposed to wait OUTSIDE the bathroom until Ethan was finished getting dressed -- we had the talk about privacy because they are getting older and even practiced the routine a few times -- GRRRR!) "Kiana, why did you pee in the tub?" Big, malicious smile and brief giggle,"I dunno" in that sing songy, shrug the shoulder, whatya gonna do about it manner. Gosh, if she wasn't so darn cute. "Let the water out. You're done. That's gross." She thought she was off the hook, but while she got dressed I showed up at the door with some cleaner and handed her the sponge while I sprayed,"You get to clean the tub." I thought she'd whine, but she actually kneeled down and started cleaning. I think she actually liked it!

Maiya is talking a lot more. "A help" = I need help: usually to open candy. "Tanny", accompanied with pointing to the pantry = Candy: she wins 95% of the time. The other 5% is followed by the cutest foot-stomping fit ever! She gets so excited to ask for "more" and "hold you", which means she wants us to hold her. "Thank you mahm" is the best! Maiya's the perfect cuddler & we're happy to oblige. Love being their mom.

Tinkerbell was right. Happy Thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment