
The new year is underway and already I don't know where the time has gone! The kids keep me hopping and I'm grateful for the jobs Stuart and I have to provide for our family and work towards our goals.
Stuart is entering his 2nd semester of classes and I'm happy to schedule them and his tests on the calendar because I know it's one more semester closer to graduation!
I added PTA President to my 'to-do' list with the recent resignation of the current one, so I've got this gig for 18 months and am excited to get things rolling. We made a food storage order through Walton Feed -- YIPPEE! Now we're looking to clean out more of the garage to store the stash...and add more to it.
Ethan oversaw our Lego Family Project for his beloved LEGO magazine. Our winter scene was at the beach...a melting Frosty the Snowman and Santa as a lifeguard. When I asked him if he wanted to continue singing in the church choir, he just shrugged his shoulders and said,"Sure." As the youngest member he does well following the music. I love looking over and watching him, and he even got some compliments last Sunday on his voice. Way to go, dude! He has a large part in an upcoming Patriotic Program at his school; he memorized the nearly 20 lines over Christmas. I'm so excited to see him up on the stage!
Kiana says when she goes into her room for bed, she can't stop thinking! Stuart tried it out one night when she came out for the umpteenth time, "See dad, when I come in my room I just start thinking!" Her famous, "I don't know HOW to go to sleep!" has been evident since she was born because she literally doesn't rest. Sunday morning she asked me, "Mom, how come houses cost money?" "Well, they can't be free because wood costs money, you have to pay for the people to build them, and all the other stuff." She looked pretty intent processing all of that information. "Well, I don't like that. I think they should make houses for free." "Wow! That would be awesome, huh?" Ah, to be 6!


And precious
Maiya gets sweeter everyday...and acts more like a 2-year old as well. When we met Brook and his girlfriend, Susie, at Red Robin the other weekend, we pulled in to the parking spot by them as they were getting out of the car. My whole back row was aburst in,"Susie! There's Susie!" and Maiya's little feet and arms were just flailing with excitement. It's cute to see her short legs run! When she wants "juice", you better have juice! When she wants her "dee-dee" (binky) and say "don't know", she'll say,"find it." And when you tell her no and she cries...those sad eyes make my heart melt I'm ready to give her whatever she wants. She's a pro-cuddler and I'm happy to hold her any chance I get; they grow up way too fast! All she has to do is point to the "tanny" (candy) and she's a happy camper. We still have to work on bedtime..."Maiiiiya. Go to bed." She ducks her head, covers her giggles, and through her binky says,"No". It's a fun game we play several times each night until Stuart or I lay in our bed with her.
Today I am grateful for
Stuart. He's my rock and I love him.
Hi Tawna, i just left a message on your hubbies phone to tell you about that class at my house for Grocery smarts. I am Alisa's friend.
ReplyDeleteAnyway email me or call me 801.292.2413 nettifer@hotmail.com and I will tell you all about it. I would love it you would come.
Lynette