template design

3.11.2009

The Kiana Chronicles 03.11.09


Last night I the kids bathed, we said prayer, and I got them go bed shortly after 8. Not too bad! Ethan didn't even ask for dessert - yippee! Read stories with the girls, turned out the light, turned on their quiet music and headed downstairs for some "quiet mommy time" while folding laundry. That's my quiet time. Well, Maiya soon followed and she's just so darn cute I laid her on the couch with me and she fell asleep curled up under a blanket with her "dee dee". About 9:00, Kiana was at the kitchen stairs, "Mom, I can't go to sleep. I just keep thinking and thinking." "Sorry, Kiana, you have to go to bed." So up the stairs she went. A few minutes later, there she is again,"Mom, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GO TO SLEEP! I just keep hearing things." "Well, you staying up isn't going to help. You have to be rested so you can be smart in school." There's nothing like a 6 year old laying on her back with a look of exasperation, kicking her legs, "But you said that a million times! I CAN'T GO TO SLEEP! You just tell me 'go to bed' BUT I CAN'T GO TO SLEEP!" I couldn't resist. "Well, I only told you about 5 times, but you still have to go to sleep." She looked right at me,"See!" So, upstairs we went. Tucked her in. Again. And laid down with her. "Mom, are you going to stay here until I go to sleep." "Yep." We both fell asleep...and when I awoke (this is why I can't wake up mid-way through the night) I was wide awake. So I folded laundry until 1:00. Being mom is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment