
"Mahm. Read a story." Those are Maiya's favorite words. Oh, yes, and,"Read another one." That's usually accompanied with kicking legs and whining because we've told her no more stories and it's time for bed. She loves reading along with us. One story is what she calls the "Band Story" and on each page it has an animal (eg: Dog came to play, Cat came to play) followed with the words: What a day. She loves to read familiar stories she can help with.
As I was leaving for work this morning the phone rang. Our sitter's kids were sick. I offered to take Maiya with me and make the day short. She sat so quietly on the train and I loved cuddling with her -- made for a great morning! It's amazing what kind of response a little person can get on TRAX...lots of smiles from people heading to work. At the office she wasn't her shy self,"MOM! READ TO ME! MOM, CANDY!" Luckily my neighbors tolerated her outbursts and Maiya made some new best friends: coloring princesses, dancing in my boss' office, sitting and playing legos with another. I work with great people! One time, she was with a co-worker and saw me coming down the hallway,"Mom. Go away!" and put her hand up in the stop mode. We all started laughing. She came and gave me a kiss to make it better. Boy, did I love being with her today.
Today I am grateful for storytime.
No comments:
Post a Comment