template design

3.01.2009

Vroom Vroom

Growing up with three brothers I was jealous that they had Scouts and I was the tag-a-long. Ethan's Cub Scout Blue & Gold Banquet was Thursday night and this year they introduced a cake auction. Ethan's racecar cake was a hit! Kiana and a neighbor were in a friendly bidding war for homemade Oreos - we won - and he bid up on the cookies Ethan wanted so we called it even. I never knew beans-n-dogs could be so tasty! It was a fun western-themed event complete with 2 entertainers from our ward. One of them played the guitar and the audience sang three rounds of,"You Are My Sunshine." That song has special meaning...and looking over at my handsome Ethan in his uniform...just made me happy. I love that kid.
Later that night, as I was trying to get Maiya asleep in our bed, I turned the tv on. Ethan ran in and curled up on Stu's side of the bed. He just looked at me with those bright eyes and smiled; we didn't say anything. Softie. As I surfed through channels there was a documentary on avalanches,"Mom, let's watch this." It was pretty interesting. I just find it amusing how much Ethan likes Nova and these types of shows. He went back on track this week and reported that they'd done science the fist two days. When I picked him up today and asked him what he did at school, he said,"Well, we didn't do science today." I think he'd be a happy camper if he did science every day. It's fun to see the different interests the kids have.

Today I am grateful for cuddle time.

No comments:

Post a Comment