template design

4.13.2009

Easter Weekend

The Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy have the coolest jobs. Kids look forward to their arrival and they make everyone happy.

4.11 Ethan,"What's the saying? Break a bone?" "Break a leg!" corrected Stuart. That's been the one-liner most of the weekend.

Kiana yelled for us to come upstairs quickly. One of her top front teeth was half out of the socket. She didn't want me to pull it so we let her just hang out there and shortly heard another yell,"COME SEE!" and sure enough, her tooth.

~1:30 a.m. I couldn't sleep. Ethan walked into our room. "Mom, you're keeping 2 people from coming tonight. You have to go to bed."
4.12 Easter Sunday. Maiya and Kiana wore near-matching dresses. Maiya was so pleased with her 'pretty dress' and twirled around like the princess she is. Driving home from a yummy Easter dinner @ Aunt Bonita's, I asked,"Hey Ethan, why do you always climb into our bed?" "Because I just want to...and you CAN'T stop me." Deviled eggs - mmmm! (Thanks, Bonita) Homemade cheesecake -- double mmm! (Thanks, Stu!)

4.13 9:12 pm Ethan's getting more creative. "I can't go to bed. There's something that happens in my brain. When I think of things in slow motion they speed up in my head and it hurts." WHAT!?!?! "Do you know what that's called? Fast-head syndrome," answered Stuart. Good night, Ethan! He gets creative points for that one. 5 minutes later, "Mom, you know what I told you about what goes on in my head? Now the energy is coming in through my head and all the way down to my feet." "Good night dude." "Awwe!"