template design

6.27.2009

How do you spell W-I-N-N-E-R?

Ethan was in the top 3 for a spelling bee at school on Wednesday. He was so excited! They were going to continue on Thursday, but one of the kids was absent. He'd say the word, spell aloud, say it again. For hours we studied, he was so caught up on spelling EVERY word on the packet and the Bonus Round words. Thursday night he walked up to me at about midnight, I thought he'd been out for hours, "Mom, I can't go to sleep. I keep thinking about the spelling bee."

Yesterday, I was home and picked him up from school - so glad I did. Kiana climbed into the front seat and said, "Mom, roll the window down!" I did. When I stopped she yelled out,"Hubba Bubba Bubba!" Ethan pretends to hate it when we do that - I think he rather likes it. He got in and closed the door,"How was your day?" He looked up at me, sly smile, those bright hazel eyes I love, "I won." Plain and simple. "Ah! Really!?! WOW!" I looked at him again because...well, he IS a jokester..."Ethan, are you for reals?!" "Yes, I really won." WOO HOO! Give me 5! "Dude, that's awesome!"

When we got home Kiana smiled and said, "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!" These kids!

His winning word: optimism
His pick of treat: Slurpees

One more funny story about Ethan. He's been so close to earning his Bear in Scouts for the longest time. His hangup: a backwards roll. He and I practiced that so many times and he finally got a pretty nasty one that looked close enough. He earned his stripes at Thursday's pack meeting. Way to go Ethan!

No comments:

Post a Comment