template design

7.10.2009

Pippin Family Reunion

Drove to Portland, and then to the coast for a Pippin Family Reunion. Super time at a huge beach house - right on the water!!! - with the clan. I'm not sure what else beats waking up to the peaceful roar of the ocean and a quick morning jog. Barefoot (I paid in shinsplints later). Rembered why Jesse loved this - I miss this scenery. The smells. Hearing seagulls screeching overhead.
The kids had a grand time running around with cousins: girls v. boys. The girls chilled in one room, the boys in another for a few days of "sleepovers"; staying up late chatting with the fam and laughing at "remember when's"; plenty of good food; no tv; walks on the beach and Kiana scurrying to collect all the shells. Love hearing giggles that make their sides hurt - the best.
Missed Spencer & Katie - Arizona - see you in 2012! (or sooner)
Missed Emily & Cory - Alabama - Almost Dr. Emily, Pharmacist, aka Candy Lady. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment