template design

12.14.2009

Happy Birthday, Maiya-girl

Amazing how Mac-n-Cheese at Red Robin can make the birthday girl pretty darn happy. "Who's gonna have a birthday?" has been followed by an eager, stubby hand waving in the air and a grinning, jumping, "Me! Me!" all week long. Kiana was a helpful assistant at Build-A-Bear and Maiya was all too excited to add Bella Bunny to her collection, kiss the fabric red heart, and pack Bella home with some pretty bows. This year was Maiya's year to open presents solo - no help from E/K - which produced lots of pretty pink presents and...a Tinkerbell fairy costume. Later that night she'd whisper,"Mom, I change my clothes," and proceed to climb out of bed and change out of her new pink jammies into Tinkerbell. And wear it the next 3 days.

What have we learned about Maiya in her 3 years? Maiya-girl. Goo-Goo Bear. Monkey - "I not a monkey, I Maiya!" She likes to make other people feel happy; she'll go up to a stranger,"Mom, I hug her." Entertainer. Sings. Dances. Cuddlebug, "I cuddle wif you," and you're cheek to cheek. Dress-ups and playing house/school. Ready laugh. Loves to mop -- the running joke is that I was vacuuming while in labor (true). Bedtime IS a joke. Pink. And she sure can smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment