It's just a blog.
A blog I was determined to keep updated this year. Sure I have random pieces of paper around. Some saved blog drafts interrupted with,"Mom!" A notepad with scribbles on the fridge. A Mother's Day journal from Aunt Bonita I carry in my bag. All attempts, yes, but definite room for improvement.
All to record those special things kids say or do. Most make me smile.
And sometimes cry. Sometimes Happy Tears. Sometimes Frustrated Tears.
I never thought it would make a difference. To share, at least.
But when I read them to the kids 3 or so months later, we all laugh. Again.
When I talk to friends or family scattered throughout the nation, they've laughed.
At those times I wonder why I don't record more moments of life.
So, maybe.
Today shed some light and knocked me into gear.
While teaching about King Solomon in Gospel Doctrine the other teacher commented that when we look at our lives we are rich. We are wealthy.
And that's when she made me tear up:
Years ago. Talking on the phone with Jesse life seemed overwhelming.
And then he said the simplest thing that put everything into perspective.
Tawna, you are rich. You have your kids. Always remember that.
I've never forgotten that. I never will.
As corny as it may sound an investment in my kids and family is just that: an investment. The rewards of what's put into it aren't seen until a time in the near or distant future. An investment of JOY not only for us but, hopefully, for other loved ones as well. Our kids are witty. Smart. Tenderhearted. Typical fights one minute & best friends the next. They say or write things that touch my heart. They say or do things that make me want to scream. In all the mix they teach me so much about love, patience, forgiveness, trust and happiness in the simple things of life. That and so much more. I don't want to forget those.
It's just a blog. And I've got some catching up, rather, investing to do. I lived too many years past walking up to King Solomon's throne, but I was blessed to have a brother with enough wisdom to remind me about the wealth that really matters most. Thanks, Jesse.

Love the picture. Loves tons and miss you mucho!
ReplyDeleteGreat post Tawna! I can't even put into words how much I admire you!!! I love you like your my sister. You've always been such a great example to me and I'm so thankful to have you and your cute family in my life. Your kids are getting so big! Miss you tons!!!
ReplyDeleteOK, reading this made me tear up. Yes, you are rich! You have wonderful children. I'm blessed to have your family in my life I love our "first Sunday of the month" dinner together. I'm rich for many reasons...you're one of them.
ReplyDelete