Movies are a funny thing. Not too many good ones out worth two hours of my or my kids' time.
The film industry pushes buttons, slips things in here or there that weren't there when I was a kid.
Ethan knew the latest Batman movie was a no-n0. We watch film ratigs. That was years ago and he's never forgotten it.
Probably why he put it in his Uncle Teage's DVD player while I was downstairs unaware of his covert op.
When I finally sauntered upstairs and noticed what was in, I admit I did a double take...he knew we'd said no. But he's a kid. Kids push limits. And I was too tired to be the big meanie to turn it off. But leave it to Kiana...

One of the characters let out the "S" word. Kiana sighed really big, making 'that face', "Mom, I wish we could watch movies that didn't have any swearing in them."
Guilt. I guess that's my job. No, no guess - it IS my job to make sure that what she's watching is appropriate. All the time. Whether I'm tired or not I can be Mom-Meany-Cop 24-7 and be proud of it. Come on, self, buck up.
So proud of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment