template design

8.11.2010

Cwazy Song

Maiya's 1st request in the car?"Mom, put in cwazy song. Cwazy song."
She's got the whole thing memorized. When she asks for a microphone I hand her chapstick, a little flashlight or mascara and the show's on the road. Our own Carseat Concert. She sings it while riding the Radio Flyer in the living room. Sings it in the shower. Sings in the store. She and I sang it over the phone on Monday's lunchtime call - she took a line, I did the next, she the next and so forth. Miss Performerpants goin' country yee haw!

After a long roadtrip to Seattle and back, sometimes there really is too much of a good thing.
Kiana,"Dad, you know what song I HATE? That CRAZY song! Maiya wants to listen to it ALL THE TIME!"
When Maiya makes her anticipated request thank goodness Ethan and Kiana have gone from,"Awwwww, no Maiya!/Ugh, No, not again/Maiya, we've listened to it a thousand times!" to realizing that their baby sister puts on a show that makes them smile a teeny bit for 2-3 minutes.
"OK Maiya, only one time."

Compromise. Ain't that crazy?
Thanks Lee Brice.


p.s. OMG. Sitting here. She runs up. "Mommy, is cwazy song on here? Can you put on cwazy song? Mommy, mommy, put on cwazy song." The song is 'Love Like Crazy' by Lee Brice.