Good enough for someone to remember.
Today...I remember when, 5 years ago, we came home from purchasing items to complete our basement. We'd bought lights at Lowes! Whoeey!
I remember coming inside and the phone ringing. It was Jesse! Yeah!
I remember standing in the kitchen, listening to him describe the condo he'd just purchased. Desribing landmarks to where he lived in Bellevue. The color of the walls. The layout.
And he had just bought lights. At Lowes.
We laughed at that coincidence.
And I remember feeling my heart leap when it came time to say goodbye.
"I love you Jesse. Be good."
(That older sisterly comment on the end)
I remember that was the last time I talked to him.
When Teage called to tell me he was no longer with us, I felt peaceful knowing those were the last words I said to my brother.
So I try to say I Love You alot more.
I LOVE YOU
I remember coming inside and the phone ringing. It was Jesse! Yeah!
I remember standing in the kitchen, listening to him describe the condo he'd just purchased. Desribing landmarks to where he lived in Bellevue. The color of the walls. The layout.
And he had just bought lights. At Lowes.
We laughed at that coincidence.
And I remember feeling my heart leap when it came time to say goodbye.
"I love you Jesse. Be good."
(That older sisterly comment on the end)
I remember that was the last time I talked to him.
When Teage called to tell me he was no longer with us, I felt peaceful knowing those were the last words I said to my brother.
So I try to say I Love You alot more.
I LOVE YOU
I love you!
ReplyDeleteI love you, too. And your family. I admire how close all of your siblings are and how you take care of each other. It's a great example to all of us. :)
ReplyDelete