I learned something new I didn't know today. Actually, 2 something-new's I didn't know.
Ethan was perusing through some very colorful and full-o-facts website and told me that Jupiter is about 1,000 times bigger than the earth. Then he peeked up over his glasses and added,"And you can fit about a thousand Jupiter's inside the sun."
Holy Planets! Like I'm supposed to know that.
Now, I do! Just trying to wrap my head around how ginormous those things are is amazing. He asked a few more questions about how long a day in Jupiter was (I didn't know, but those handy facts stated a day was about 9 hours). A few minutes later he asked aloud randomly, "How come spiral galaxies are brighter on the inside than on the outside?"
I can make a visual inference as to what a spiral galaxy is. My guess is a bunch of uninhabited but amazingly colorful planets rotating in a spiral-like motion. The end.
After some running around and cleaning up I was hoping to get the kids' excited to attend a Night At The Museum, a real-life tour at a museum in Lehi, and at $4/pp a cheap family date. I showed them the KSL news and museum advertising hoping to drum up interest because they've enjoyed both Night At The Museum movies as 'fillers', so I was a bit surprised when they shrugged their shoulders and Ethan said he didn't care; Kiana said she'd rather go ice skating. So, while I was sad they didn't want to attend this annual event (and further their knowledge of History), I had to internally admit I was the one excited. I love History! When asked what they'd like to do instead, Kiana perked up,"We could play Scrabble!" Scrabble. Good ol' fashion Scrabble. Easy to please!
No comments:
Post a Comment