Kiana's had this 'thing' with wearing skinny jeans, so naturally, Maiya wants to wear pants that look like they are painted on. Kiana has a 'thing' with trying to get her lower half into a size 8, when she wears a size 10. She will not wear jeggings! No. Nope. Nada. Not in any way. She wants jeans that are skin tight - hence skinny mini jeans. We've joked with her we can paint them on for free if she insists on that.
We had a Girls Day out shopping and I told Maiya she didn't need any clothes, but I'd look for some pants for her. I found 3 pairs of jeans and thought she'd be happy. I was wrong. She took one look at those pants and shrieked,"What?! But those awe FAT PANTS!"
"Fat pants?"
"Yeah, those awe FAT PANTS!"
I was really wrong. Really, really wrong. She wouldn't touch those jeans. But, the story gets better...
"Fat pants huh?" Then I looked closer at the pants she was wearing. "Maiya! What size are these?" Both girls smiled and giggled. "Where did you get these? These are, like, size (I'm fumbing with the tag on the back because they are so tight) these are size 24 months! You wore these when you were 2!"
Kiana dressed her that morning. With a huge grin, "I found them in a box under her bed." The box of I-don't-know-why-they're-still-up-in-the-room-but-I'm-too-lazy-to-put-them-in-the-garage-tote box. That box.
Maiya wore them because she wanted to be like her sister. How she fit her 6 year-old bum into those 24-month jeans I have no clue. Yet, I have to admit...she did look pretty cute!