template design

1.18.2013

Showers, clean rooms & toothbrushes

If I had anyone to pick for a son, I'd always pick Ethan.
(He just read this over my shoulder and asked, "Mom, but if I had a brother then who would you pick for a son?") 

Really.

Here's a few reasons that just happened today that remind me how blessed I am:

Showering:
Ethan: I need to take a shower. It's been, like, a week since I last took one."
Me: Dude! Are we going to have to scrape a layer of dirt off of you?
Later, he did his usual,"Kiana, Kiana, Kiana, I finally took a shower and had to scraaaaape all this stuff off."
Kiana did her usual,"Ewe!"

Adrenaline:
Ethan: Mom, do you know what adrenaline is?
Me: It's when your heart starts beating super fast.
Ethan: No, it's when your heart pumps blood to the rest of your body.
Me: Ethan, do you know what a TOOTHBRUSH is? (Oh, man did his breath stink!)
Ethan: What?! What's a toothbrush?!
Me: It's what saves the world!
Seriously.

Blankets
Ethan loves his hot pads, blankets, hoodies, beanie hats, thick jammie bottoms...and pretty much anything fluffy and warm. He'd fallen asleep on the couch and I was trying to rouse him awake when I went for the forbidden blanket. He reached down to yank the blanket back up to his chin and I got a super creepy, raspy,"Myyyy preeeciouuuus." just like from Lord of The Rings.

He got an extra 10 minutes. I couldn't stop laughing.

Room:
Ethan: Hey mom, do you want to go see my clean room?
Me: Are you OK?
I went up to his room. I asked him what prompted him to clean it up without me having to ask. I got a shrug. I wondered if there was something he's going to ask me for, but then he also offered that he has enough money to pay me back for all of the 'stash' goodies he's raided (the list is long). Something is going on...

I really don't know how God could wrap such laughter, eye-rolling, amazement and wonder into one handsome kid.

But He did. And boy, am I glad He did and sent that package down to me.