template design

2.13.2013

13 More Minutes

I knew Maiya and her friend were planning something exciting in the kitchen. In excited voices they kept coming running back and forth to me, saying 'It's almost ready!'. When I made the just-before-5:30 pm announcement,"10 more minutes until friends need to go home!", Maiya's sweet friend Paige asked,"Can we have 13 more minutes?" 13 more minutes. How can anyone say no to that?

They were both anxious for me to come see the "Party" they had worked on. Wow! Wa-how! Hearts. Signs. Plates. Water. More water. Crackers and other snackies. They assured me if I needed anything, they were there to serve me And then Paige said one line that just tugs on my heart, "We wanted to do this for you for all of the hard work that you do for Maiya and your family. Maiya said it but she didn't tell you." Maiya looked a little embarassed, hanging her head. I asked if she said that. She sheepishly nodded.

Who needs a fancy restaurant, flowers, or expensive gifts? To me, words are the greatest treasures.

Best. Gift. Ever.
Yep, that's a granola bar from Halloween (thank you 50% off stockpiling), and a Christmas candy cane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment