template design

7.05.2013

Amewica

Maiya made a 'library' in the front room. The piano and it's bench were her office and check out station. I wish I'd snapped a picture of it...but I'm sure with the emotional drama she shared in picking it up that we will have another 'library' up and running in the very near future.

The house is full of little messes right now. Drives me bonkers! I know who made each one. I told Maiya she had to pick up one room, then she could take a break. The one room was her 'library'. Oh, she made the saddest face. Waterfall of Tears. "I worked so hawd on my libwawy! And you awe wuining it!" She knows how to bat her eyelashes, but I held firm. Her friends had added to her library with cut papers, markers...all the little things that make a mess in the one room I insist be spotless at all times.

But, there was one thing I let her leave up. She got me between sniffles, "I made this fo Amewica's biwthday. Can we keep it up, pleeease?"

I can't say no to that. Nope. My kids know how much I cherish liberty and all that America stands for; I like to think every day is I Love America Day at our house.

I'm  pretty sure her Great-Grandma Engla would love seeing her piano so patriotic and loved.
url of image 1 url ofimage 2
 


No comments:

Post a Comment