template design

7.04.2013

Keepin' it REAL

One benefit of being part of a soccer board is occasional tickets to the REAL soccer games. Tonight we were lucky to have 3 tickets, instead of the normal 2, so we were all able to go. All meaning me, Stuart and Maiya. She really enjoyed the last game she went to with Stuart on a Daddy-Daughter Date, so she was rearing to go! What an exciting night:

- Great Clips was spray painting fan's hair. Maiya was all over that. She giggled and asked Stuart what color he wanted, and knew he'd shake his head 'no', so she turned to me. Instead of my ready 'OK' I said, "I'll do it AFTER your dad gets his hair painted. I knooooow dad wants to have fun and get red hair." Stuart really can't say no to Maiya. He went from silver to gold.
- 8th row right behind the North goal. Woot! Woot!
- At half-time, during one of the contests, a fan shot a goal past Leo the Lion -- winning everyone in the audience a free haircut from Great Clips. Woot! Woot!
- "Mom, wemembah you said I could get a shaved ice latah? We can get it whenevah you want." I heart her. So up the bleachers we went...who knew a $5 cup of colored ice could make someone so happy? But then Maiya is always happy.
- The poor ref. Bad calls and you are booed incessantly by the entire stadium. Maiya,"How come people don't like the ref? He's just twyin' to make suwe evewbody has a fun game." Yes, and no. In the end the last 20-15 minutes were the most exciting. The REAL 7-game winning streak ended tonight in a 2-2 tie. Not too shabby.
- FIREWORKS! Fans were allowed on the field. Maiya was totally enthralled laying on Stuart's lap looking up at a beautiful array of fireworks. Seeing her face light up...pretty much rocks my world. Rio Tinto really knows how to put on a party.
- Maiya loves riding on Stuart's shoulders. She's getting too big; he put her down within sight of the car and she pouted, "But my feet awe gonna fall off!" Stuart,"Yeah, cuz you don't use them!" So I carried her. Sucker.
- I told Maiya that when Ethan was a baby, we just played with him. When she was a baby, we had to share her with both Ethan and Kiana...so for this time she is our ONLY child. She REALLY liked that idea.

All around, it was a fantastic evening and I felt pretty lucky to have had so much fun for only $5 dollah bills! Just keepin' it REAL!

Cost: 
- Free: Parking. We part ~3 blocks away. The walk is nice and there's little traffic. (Saved ~$10)
- Free: Tickets. Retail $30/piece. 8th row behind North side goal and the huge screen behind us. (AWESOME!) (Saved $90)
- Free: Hair cuts. Thank you to to the fan who scored at halftime. I've got 3 tickets, so 3 free haircuts! (Save ~$45)
- Free: Dinner. We have a fridge full of yum leftovers. ($25)
- Free: REAL Carnival freebies. (ie caribeaners, soccer balls, coupons, hair dye...it's nuts what they hand out)
- $5: Shaved Ice.
SPENT: $5
SAVED: ~$170
*Not too shabby*

No comments:

Post a Comment