template design

7.16.2013

Diffwent

It's been really hot here. REALLY hot. Really hot sprinkled with muggy lightning storms which has meant I haven't been outside as much as I'd planned.

I'd been thinking about going tanning which I haven't done in years. Tonight, I went - for 3 main reasons.

1. It's something I thought I'd want.
2. People are always telling me to spend my $ and do something fun.
3. I had birthday money.

I always feel good with a little bit of sun on my skin, and...I had a coupon.
I had to keep telling myself I was going to do this, even willing myself to drive the 3 minutes, because I like to save my money and spend it on practical things. This was not practical.

Maiya was intrigued with the place and I told her my first job was at a tanning salon back in the day. She was content sitting in the lobby with the iPad she had carefully tucked under her shirt in the pouring lightning storm brewing outside. After about 10 minutes of relaxation I returned to the lobby. Maiya was still sitting cross-legged on the chair playing on the iPad in her lap. She looked up, looked me up and down, leaned forward a little and whispered,"You don't look any diffwent."

Oh, she's a treat.

1 comment:

  1. I love that girl, and can't wait to squeeze her really hard in a few days.

    ReplyDelete