template design

7.16.2013

Rules

Maiya ~ 10:45 PM
Me: Maiyaaaaaa, aren't you supposed to be in bed? 
Maiya: Mom, you know my wules. You hafta wead me a stowy and then snuggle with me 'til I fall asleep. 

Dang, she's good. She also didn't look one bit ready for bed either putting together her 'room' in a box. 


Maiya is our snuggler. She is also our move-around-alot while she sleeps. Yet I love it when we're laying next to each other - and if I don't have my arm around her - she'll turn and put her little arm around my arm. I know what she wants. So I'll turn over, she'll scoot closer, and she gets her snuggles. 


Snuggles are the bomb.


Kiana ~ She called. She had her sweet pleading voice. She wants something...

Kiana: Mom, remember when you said you got me a surprise and asked if I wanted to know what it was, or wait and be surprised? And I said I wanted to be surprised?
Me: Yeeeees
Kiana: Well (I could hear her almost dancing with anticipation), I can't take it anymore! I can't wait! Can you just tell me what it is?
Me: Hmmmm, what if I don't want to tell you what it is anymore? And let you be surprised?
Kiana: (silence.....then a quiet) please?
Me: OK. Nail polish pens.
Kiana: What? Nail. Polish. Pans?
Me: Pens. P-e-n-s. A set of 5 colors.
Kiana: YES! Oh thank you! Thank you! That's a good surprise!

I hope it is.


Ethan ~ I asked Ethan what he had done with his day. He and Kiana are thoroughly enjoying their time in Oregon. As he started telling me about his day, he started out with, "Scripture study...."
"Wait. Scripture study? And you sound happy? How come you're not jumping with joy when we do it here?"

"I dunno."
"Did you like it?
"Yeah."


Good answer. He sounded happy. We'll just have to pick up where we left off in our scripture reading...


No comments:

Post a Comment