template design

9.19.2013

Star

Ethan and Stuart attended the annual week-long Scout Camp with the troop, this summer at Treasure Mountain in the Teton Mountains. They had a blast! A difficult hike up Table Rock, yummy food, boy-time. On the flip-side, us moms have had some great laughs upon hearing that our sweet Scout leaders insisted the ticket for a car-ride home was a shower (for some the only one of the week); Wednesday socks still being worn on Friday; stinky tents. Some say it's 'typical' for Scouts. Perhaps that's why one of the leaders rolled his eyes and chuckled when I mentioned a toothbrush. Ewe.

Ethan knows when he starts something he must finish it. From Day 1 he knew he'd finish years later as an Eagle Scout. Yes, partially because I told him so, but moreso because that's what responsibility is. I hope that these little steps will give him some amazing memories and feelings of achievement along the way. Tonight's Court of Honor was held at the outdoor amphitheatre. Way to go!
Ethan earning his STAR rank and merit badges from Scout Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment