template design

10.04.2013

Being Successful

I brought all the kids along with me to Ethan's parent conferences at Copper Mountain Middle School. Kiana and Maiya brought some homework with them and the kids were walking behind me as we walked up to the new building. I overheard the conversation behind me...

Ethan: How come you don't want me to see your Math papers?
Kiana: Cuz you'll just say 'oh, that's so eeeasy you're so stooopiiid'
E: No I won't. Kiana, I'm doing high school math, you're doing elementary.
K: I'm not successful in anything.
E: You're successful at being my sister, aren't you?

It was a moment of sincerity. Pure sincerity. Then the moment was gone as their play-hits, squeeze-hugs, licks and punches commenced. I continued walking, pretending I hadn't heard a thing, but those Mommy-tears-on-the-inside were flowing a waterfall. 

I'm a believer that siblings are the 1st best friends we have in life. And lifelong friends. And eternal friends. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment