template design

10.21.2013

Still Talking

Guilty.
I love catching one of the kids talking inside their room, the bathroom, or even the garage...to themselves. I'm so guilty of standing outside the closed door or around the corner, overhearing with a huge grin while stifling giggles. I'm infatuated with what goes through those little minds, and I'm reminded that once upon a time we all went through these stages...and some of us never grew out of it!

Maiya is constantly putting on pretend shows, dancing, posing, making up parts and rehearsing them. My favorite is watching her stare at her reflection in the patio doors at night like a model. She'll pose one way, look, turn, pose the other way, look, turn, then face front, pose, switch sides, flip her hair. It's awesome.

Today, I was typing on the laptop and she was seated next to me, having finished her online reading assignment on the iMac and had switched to an online dress-up game she likes to play. I wasn't paying too much attention, and when I did...it was like a waterfall of A Minute Inside a 6 Year-Old's Head

"Like, uh, now you're talkin'! What the huh?! She's at least kinda cute, with her modest clothes. What the? A hundred boys? You're kidding me! Well, it is sunny outside so I need a sweatshirt. Sunhat please."

She's still talking...definitely 100% girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment