template design

10.29.2013

Box of Chocolates

Sometimes it hurts to hold in laughter. Unintentional listening is not sneaky, just...observant.

Ethan had showered and as I walked by the kiddos bathroom I heard him singing. He does that, he sings in the shower! I craned my ear towards the crack in the door to hear more of him talking to himself, then asking and answering questions. It's so hard not to laugh aloud it hurts. Then the best part, in a slow, southern drawl just like Forrest Gump himself, I heard Ethan say, "Mama always said life is like a box of chocolates" ~ except it came out like,"Mama aaaalways sed laff is lack a bahcks a chalk-latts."

Oh. My. Heart.

I could picture him standing in front of the mirror looking at his reflection saying that. Awesome. What was even more awesome came next, when I figured he'd be opening the door at any moment. My contained laughter was becoming a bit too much to bear yet I couldn't let Part II of this moment escape. So I held my ground and got ready.

Ethan opened the door and I pounced,"Boo!" It's been awhile since I've seen his hazel eyes get that wide and him jump that far back. My laughter was stuck on repeat and I was hanging on the door frame for support while he was composing himself, mocking my laughter. I repeated back, between choked laughs, his Gump line which made me laugh even more. In turn, he brushed by me, dropping his towel and sauntering into his room. He had a shirt on. I stopped laughing.

"Hey, do you have underwear on?"

He closed his door.
I guess that was his southern answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment