Ethan: plain mashed potatoes, jello, roll
Kiana: peas
Maiya: "Wamen (ramen) & macaroni-n-cheese!!!"
What?! Kiana will eat anything, but I was hoping for something out of the ordinary! I really do cook! But, no. The kids thought we were eating in as we usually do, so they were really surprised when we told them to grab their shoes and head to the truck. "Where are we going?" "Why won't you tell us?" (Ahhhh! Just buckle up already!) They were pretty good on the drive over to Draper, but they really had no idea where we were going.
Our plan worked! We surprised their hungry bellies by driving to Chuck-A-Rama! Can you say H.A.P.P.Y? There was the eager anticipation as we passed a handful of other restaurants, then the hold-your-breath-moment of silence as we finally pulled into a parking stall. We heard a chorus of "Yes!" as the unbuckling of seat belts clicked, doors locked and off we were. True to our plan, their plates matched their appetites:
Ethan: plain mashed potatoes, green jello, a ginormous roll and a piece of chicken
Kiana: 1/3 plate of peas, along with fried shrimp, mashed potatoes and more (she can eat, whoa nelly!)
Maiya: Mac-n-cheese (3 scoops), mashed potatoes, a cookie
I KNOW it was 3 scoops because I gave her two, and she looked up at me like, uhhhhh, mom, hello?!, batted her eyelashed with a little pout and asked, "Can I get just one mo, please?"
Even better, the kids had brought home 2 coupons for free kiddo meals so the thrifty itch got its scratch. We'd come on a good night and Kiana later mentioned, "Mom, I really wanted salmon...and they had some! So I got everything I wanted!" Her smiling is always a good thing.
On Maiya's Round 3 round of cheesy mac, Stu pointed down the table & whispered,"They're each eating what they wanted, minus the ramen, and the best part? We don't have dishes." He was right. I love the JOY of Simple pleasures.
| New Christmas pajamas after filling their tummies at Chuck-A-Rama |
| Funny picture? Someone is not-so-happy about that |
| Ethan,"Come on, let's just do a regular picture." At least she smiled on "3". |
No comments:
Post a Comment