1:45 pm
I rarely keep the kids home from school unless they are 'really' sick. Maiya had the sniffles this morning - and asked to stay home - which she never does, so she's home.
That girl never stops talking. Whether it's to other people or herself. Or singing. Or breaking out in gangsta dance moves.
It was hilarious just sitting here earlier listening to her talk, while she make up some drama conversation while playing with play-doh containers. She's content with anything.
After lunch she was to lay on the couch for 'rest' time. That didn't last long. I think her head had just hit the pillow when she asked, "Mom, ya know that song 'Gethsemane, Jesus loves me?' Can I listen to it?" She was so excited to share this song she started learning last Sunday. Super excited!
And I was so touched, watching her sit here on my lap singing along to this song with so much conviction. There's something special about this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment