I have a group of girlfriends and we meet up once a month, rotating hosting homes for a night of dinner, cards and rounds of laughter.
It's a yummy hoot. Each talented woman in the group is so special, so different and yet the strength, vigor and zeal for life is such a refreshing boost to carry each of us into the next month until we can meet again. I mean, where can you sit and listen to someone talk about how their intelligent husband is "such a perfectionist, it's annoying." It's a compliment! It's also where I realized I'm not the 'young one' of the bunch anymore as joking rounds went around about who was going to have a baby next...and the fingers weren't pointing at me! I feel pretty blessed to be around such loving, talented, devoted and hard-working women I can call friends. Even though I pretty much suck at playing cards...I'm the self-appointed Historian who writes down some of these funny things said for us to remember later. When we're old and wrinkly. So we can laugh a little bit more at the silly things we say.
And boy do we have a lot to say!
No comments:
Post a Comment