Kiana has been anxious to turn 12 since she was....ummm...probably since she knew there was a #12! When she was 6, there were countless times I'd ask myself daily, "Is she ONLY 6?" and pretty much every age I'd ask the same thing. She's just always seemed older.
Kiana had her "Friend" birthday party tonight with a few friends. She only invited 3. That's all she wanted. 3. I asked if she wanted to invite more and she gave me that dead-set-I-know-what-I-want-don't-mess-with-me look. Got it; 3 friends. I asked what she wanted to do and she gave me a list. We heart lists at this house:
When Ethan and I arrived home from getting pizza I noticed she'd put up the "Happy Birthday" banner in its usual place across the window, and she'd even made party favor bags for her friends. All on her own! The house smelled like cinnamon, "Yeah, I might have gone a little crazy with the smell." It smelled...cinnamony...and it looked spic & span! After pizza was eaten, giggles and screams filled the air...I forgot how silly girls are, I overheard Kiana in the kitchen telling them how to make "Brownie Bowls" in muffin tins. She really wanted me to get brownie mix for the party - and I did - and I was quite amazed at her preparation in all of this! She had planned the whole thing! I'm not sure every party wants a crying movie, but they picked "The Fault in our Stars" to end the lateover bash. I'm grateful Kiana has nice, gracious friends to hang out with! The Big 12 is coming in 6 days...the countdown is on!
No comments:
Post a Comment