template design

2.27.2015

Friday Love

* Ethan has been asking me to take him to the store for the past 2 days. After finishing his job at the school he walked Maiya home since I wasn't done yet - good big brother - and later sent me yet another text. He'd wanted to go to the store for sugar free ice cream. On my way, buddy. Ethan is always full of surprises:
1. He'd walked over to his "Boy Club" without shoes. Barefoot. Weirdo.
2. He smiled telling me that it was one of his "Boy Club" buddies birthdays today and he'd taken a bag of Reese's from my stash as a gift. WOW! I was so pleased he was such a great friend.
3. Driving home with his sugar-free ice cream he showed me the back of his hand. "Hey (and smiley face)" was written on his hand. "My crush wrote this." Since we don't know her name, by default she is only knows as "Ethan's crush". I suggested he take a picture to remember this epic moment. He said no need,"It's _____________"

* Kiana has this thing for The Walking Dead. I don't get it. It was just us girls home tonight and she had found an episode to watch by the time Maiya and I came downstairs. I'm not a fan. After my "Mom face" she offered, "Hey, they have to do that to survive! I would poop my pants every day."

And there's reason #89,765 why we shouldn't watch it. No poopie the pantsie.

So we spent the night watching Into The Woods. With Danish subtitles. Bonding time for sure.

* Maiya enjoyed the afternoon playing at a friends house and then was invited to dinner. You can't turn down taco soup. She later asked me the difference between taco soup and chili, "Is taco soup more colorful than chili?" I heart the curiosity of little minds.

Cuddled on the couch, she looked asked why my face looked so shiny. Aging bites. "Whatever it is, it hasta work." That's what I'm saying!

She asked if anyone wanted hot chocolate. "Me!" Happily, she skipped off to the kitchen,"Two hot chocolate comin' up!" She l.o.v.e.s. to make hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment