template design

6.26.2015

Update

Ethan: I have really missed my Ethan this week but I know he is having some memorable experiences while on Trek. Can't wait to hear about them. After Kiana's winning game and a yummy Cafe Rio dinner in Orem,  I couldn't help but notice the young college couples pushing around their carts in SuperTarget with baby car seats. Those were the days. Then I had a thought that came out, "Kiana, just think. If Ethan were like me, he'd be married in 7 years! That's like 1/2 his life!" I love her quick comebacks, "Mom. You said we couldn't get married until we're 30." So grateful she remembered,"Yep. That's right. I think even 30 is too young for you." "Mom! No one wants you after you're 30. No one wants to date a girl who's 30 'cuz then you're too old," she complained. I disagree. But I still can't fathom the thought that in 7 short years...7...he'll be 22. But until then, I will enjoy each and every moment of every day I have with this kid!

Kiana: State Cup. Orem. USA Premier played a tough team and got scored on 1st. Then again. Going into the half I know I was shaking in my shorts. But they rallied back 1 - then 2 - then a powerhouse 3 and ended up winning the game. Undefeated going into tomorrow's final day. They've got a 9:30 AM game, then championship finals in the afternoon. To watch Kiana defend, be tough and do some of the things she'd not do a year ago - like touch and be defensive with an opponent - was impressive. She's really been working hard and I just love, love, love to watch her play.

Maiya: She was so responsible to come home by my requested time from a playdate after school. She's become a pro at watching soccer games, as well as eat a mom-n-me shared Cafe Rio Pork Barbacoa Burrito as fast as possible. Not sure she and I will be sharing much longer. The meal could feed a horse and that little mouth of hers is chdowing away on it like no tomorrow. But, they are scrumpdiddliumptious and I don't mind taking my part of the 'shared meal' in the form of lettuce and tomatoes.

Can't believe how fast these kiddos grow! I mean, I'm in the basement massaging Kiana's sore body and wondering when did she grow up? When did Ethan get to leave on his own for days? Why doesn't Maiya want to walk with me and hold my hand? After my quick Pitty Party...I'm ready for   whatever life gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment