template design

10.19.2015

UEA Weekend 2015: Park City

We never go anywhere. Yet, we are always on the run going everywhere during the week. I guess my thoughts to more like...let's go away somewhere, so then I don't have to go anywhere. If that makes sense. The realities of Ethan having limited time before college make everyday precious, and I'd like to do all of those things I've planned to do since he was a baby.

It was just a hotel in Park City, but it was somewhere. Away. We checked in, headed to Olympic Park where our 1st stop was the Olympic Museum. Wow! Talk about flashbacks! I pointed out pictures of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies and told them where I was that night. I told them how Stuart did an internship at the bobsled track there while studying Electrical Engineering. The memorabilia took me back -- Ethan was just a baby and I was pregnant with Kiana. Good times.

We took a jaunt up the ski lift. It was Maiya's first ride. After asking the operator if we could do a round trip on the way down, we realized we both weren't scared anymore! Great lesson. As we hiked up the mountain a bit Ethan commented,"I need to go on more hikes." Yeah, I've suggested it to their cries of,"Noooo!" Suggestion noted.

Ethan: My zodiac sign is Gemini. It means that I'm adaptable. That's pretty spot on.

Maiya had fallen on her arm to break a fall earlier in the week while roller skating. Poor girl. Her arm hurt and she wasn't able to swim or do a lot of other active things she usually would have. When I tucked her into bed after returning Monday night, she was all curled up under covers, cuddling one of her dolls, with a rare sad face. I asked what was wrong. Tears. "This was supposed to be a fun weekend, but it was the worst weekend ever! My arm hurt and I couldn't swim or do anything!" That hurt - I was so sad she was sad. Then I reminded her of all the fun she'd had all week: donuts and bakery on Monday, playing all day with her friends/several friends, having a friend stay overnight, going to Classic Skating, cruise night and getting free pumpkins, riding her first ski lift, staying at a hotel, being up late, playing ALL day long for how many days?

2 comments:

  1. Great job mom! I never knew you typed so often. You still need to teach me how to get one of these online journal's. I know I have a lot of journal's but I like the idea of a online life. My life, typed online by ME.

    ~Maiya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job mom! I never knew you typed so often. You still need to teach me how to get one of these online journal's. I know I have a lot of journal's but I like the idea of a online life. My life, typed online by ME.

    ~Maiya

    ReplyDelete